Tuesday, May 6, 2014

In the beginning

2009 was the year I met Breonna Hayes.   She was 14 years old and my hubby bubby and I were visiting my son in Ohio.

My son had gone to live with his father in Ohio.   JD was a senior in high school and he was dating Breonna.

We picked her up at school and I felt drawn to her.   At this point I did not realize that she was my daughter from a past life.

When I asked how her day at school was she said meekly, "OK".

"Just OK," I asked.

"We were made to stand all day as punishment for another student doing something and not confessing." 

"All day?   Every student? Every class?" I asked incredulously.

"Yep"

This conversation was memorable to me.   Breonna was matter of fact and calm in describing what must have been a horrible day at school.   I thought back to how I would have responded when I was 14, full of drama, whine in my voice and slouching in the car seat.   Now Breonna was meeting her boyfriends mother, so maybe she held back.  I still think if it was me there would have been some indication of whine.

Regardless, I was impressed with her.  It was just the beginning, I was starting to fall in  love with a beautiful soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment