Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What I didn't know

In 2009 I did not know:

How completely messed up my son would become.  He was high and drinking all the time.   How naive I was to think JD would not buy into everything bad his father had told him about me.










How dysfunctional Breonna's family was.   I did not know that Breonna's mother was having an affair with her oldest daughter's baby daddy.


I could not imagine that I would become completely estranged from my son.  That his overt self was cruel, mean, crude and evil.

I did not realize then that I would become so close to Breonna, so close that I considered her my own.
Just had no inkling that my grandbaby would steal my heart so completely.   That there would be a baby that I would give my life for.   How did I know I could fall so in love with a child again.


No comments:

Post a Comment